Our name says it all. "Mount View" reflects both the scenic view of Mt. Hood and the spiritual gaze of our eyes heavenward to the "mountain of the Lord" (Micah 4:2). "Baptist" reflects our Baptist heritage and doctrine. "Temple", a term synonymous with "church", distinctively reflects our assembly as a house of worship.
The purpose of Mount View is to fulfill the Great Commission as given by the Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:18-20. This is accomplished by:
1. The proclamation of the gospel message through both local and world evangelism.
2. The baptism of new converts in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. The edification of the saints through the teaching and preaching of the Word of God.
4. The observance of the Lord's Supper in remembrance of Christ's sacrifice on the cross.
5. The promotion of godly, Christ-honoring worship and fellowship in the house of God.